What is Redness / Rosacea ?
Rosacea starts as redness on the cheeks, nose, chin, or forehead (and less often on the neck, scalp, chest, or ears). At first, rosacea comes and goes. After a while, the redness deepens and lasts longer. Visible blood vessels appear in the skin. If not treated, pimples and bumps develop. The nose may become large and bumpy as tissue builds up. And rosacea sometimes affects the eyes, making them irritated, watery, and bloodshot.
SKIN CONSULTATION WITH VISIA SKIN ANALYSIS
If you are unsure about your skin condition, treatments or products you might need, we can advise you during a Skin Consultation (with Visa Analysis) when you book a treatment on the day, the consult is complimentary. If you would like to book in for this please click here to complete a skin consultation form and select an appropriate time for us to speak with you.
Home care from Rosacea :
- Sun exposure: Everyone should avoid too much sun, but people with rosacea are particularly sensitive. They should be sure to apply sun block to the face when going outdoors. But take care! Skin affected by rosacea is very sensitive to chemicals. Use a quality sun block that doesn't irritate the skin.
- Stress : Flushing increases when you're under stress. Learn relaxation techniques such as deep breathing.
- Alcohol: Alcohol doesn't cause rosacea, but it does dilate bloodvessels in the face. That makes rosacea worse.
- Spicy foods: Heavily spiced foods cause flushing and worsen rosacea.
- Cosmetics: Makeup, cleansers, lotions, and even some moisturizers can irritate the skin. Use only products that are non-irritating, hypoallergenic, and noncomedogenic.
To Book Online, please click here.