WHAT IS PIGMENTED AND SUN DAMAGED SKIN?
After years of UV damage, our skin starts to look tired and we develop excess melanin or pigmentation. This can appear as an uneven skin tone, dark spots on our upper lip, face, hands and more. These spots of pigment on the skin are usually caused by excessive UV exposure, which 'overloads' the melanin, or pigment in our skin & leads to premature ageing.
Excessive UV exposure :
- destroys collagen molecules under the skin leading to a loss of volume, uneven tone, rough texture and fine lines and wrinkles.
- creates uneven blotchy pigmented skin with areas of freckles and mottling
- damages the fine superficial blood vessels in the face leading to broken capillaries and exacerbating rosacea
- can lead to the formation of cancerous lesions that are not only unsightly but can also lead to serious health issues.
Once this damage is done many people think that there is nothing that they can do but these days with the invention of special products and treatments most, if not all, of the damage can be reversed over time.
POSSIBLE TREATMENTS (DEPENDS ON SEVERITY OF DISCOLOURATION AND SKIN COLOUR)
- Zo Hydration or stimulator peel with Britenex and ZO oclipse sunscreen spf 30 & primer
- IPL facial for pigmentation (fitzpatrick skin types I- III)
- LED red light for healing - calming skin and speeding recovery post treatment and stimulating new collagen and new skin cells to come to the surface
- CIT induction therapy / skin needling - helps reduce pigmentation and produce collagen to reduce oil flow and break outs and reduce open pores
If you would like to book in for a skin consultation with our Visa Skin Analyser to help determine the right treatment package for you please click here to complete a skin consultation form and select an appropriate time to speak with you or contact us with your enquiry.
DAILY HOME CARE – TO MAXIMISE RESULTS IN QUICKEST TIME
Light weight sun-protection spray lotion for face and body with anti-ageing factors
High protecting sun balm for extemely sun-sensitive skin areas with anti-ageing factors
ZO SKIN CARE
Please send us enquiry before purchase.
SKIN CONSULTATION WITH VISIA SKIN ANALYSIS
If you are unsure about your skin condition, treatments or products you might need, we can advise you during a Skin Consultation (with Visa Analysis). If you would like to book in for this please click here to complete a short skin consultation and select an appropriate time for us to speak with you.